Supporting Unique Minds
We invite prospective families and members of the community interested in our program to explore our enrollment process, including touring our building to see what highly challenging, highly supportive gifted education looks like.
Student Support Team
AcademyACL welcomes applications for positions year-round.
Highlights of our Teaching Positions include:
- Highly collaborative and creative staff
- Increased mental health benefits option with medical benefits
- Hands-on Resources to use with students
- A newly renovated and expanded building with $10.4m of upgrades
- AMAZING students and families
Teaching Positions are organized in the following way:
- Division I (grade K)
- Division II (grades 1/2)
- Division III (grades 3/4)
- Division IV (grades 5/6)
- Division V (grades 7/8)
- Special Education and Student Support (all grades)
- Encore Teacher ("Specials" teacher, all grades)
Something that makes our program and teaching staff special is that all classroom teachers must be willing to teach every subject, regardless of their homeroom division age. AcademyACL uses an elementary scheduling model, not a middle school specialty scheduling model. All classes are multi-age, and may contain 2-5 different levels of “ages.”
Other Helpful Reading:
Suggested reading for teaching applicants:
- Familiarity with AcademyACL’s website and in particular, its vision, mission, and approach to curriculum
- The Flip Side, Breaking Free of the Behaviors that Hold You Back, Flip Flippen, 2008. (This resource forms the basis of the Capturing Kids’ Hearts model of classroom management that AcademyACL uses school wide.)
Applicable reading for our teachers:
Guiding Gifted Learners to Success with Exceptional Education
Students at all grade levels have opportunities to explore topics of interest, learning research and presentation skills throughout the process. Families are invited to events throughout the school year that highlight these projects.
Our students have access to a wide range of extracurricular activities that enhance their learning journey. We offer programs such as Taiko Drums, Choir, Archery, and Robotics, as well as middle school basketball and volleyball.
We foster a nurturing and inclusive atmosphere where students' strengths are the focus. Students are encouraged to reflect on their progress, advocate for their academic and social needs, and grow their leadership skills through inter-division collaboration.
Empowering Gifted Learners Through Education
At AcademyACL, we are dedicated to providing a nurturing and challenging educational environment for gifted learners. Our experienced teachers and innovative curriculum ensure that each student reaches their full potential.