Three fundamental differences distinguish the gifted from more typical learners: learning at faster rates; finding, solving, and acting on problems more readily; and manipulating abstract ideas/making connections more easily.
(VanTassel-Baska, J. and Stambaugh, T., 2006).
1. How did the Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning get started?
2. What is the focus of AcademyACL?
3. Do students have to be identified as “gifted” to enroll?
4. What is “twice-exceptional”?
5. Can I enroll in AcademyACL and still be on a waiting list for another school?
6. Where is the school located?
AcademyACL is located at the former Pike Elementary School site at 2510 N. Chestnut St.
This facility is centrally located just a block west of I-25, between the W. Fillmore St and the Fontanero St. exits. The Metro Route 14 bus stops just across the street from school.