The latest application and list of procedures is available here, and hard copies of the application must be received by U.S. Mail or hand-delivered to the following address:
2510 North Chestnut
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Returning applicants may contact email@example.com to verify what elements are currently in their employment files.
Employment at Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning
The selection of highly qualified, caring, and professional personnel who are committed to supporting the unique vision and mission of AcademyACL is the single most important factor in our success. AcademyACL seeks individuals from among the most qualified, who want to make a difference in educating all children, and who want to specialize in the education of gifted learners. Our application, screening and selection process allows our personnel to fairly consider all applicants and select those individuals who have the greatest potential for reaching our goals for students’ success and achievement.
Job descriptions and open positions will be posted periodically on the AcademyACL website. Applicants should monitor this page and submit a new application if they are interested in a new posted position.
Applicants whose paperwork passes initial screening will be invited to a personal interview, or phone interview if currently out-of-state. Applicants should indicate at the time of interview the point at which they might prefer that their current employer is contacted for a reference check. Following a successful interview, teaching applicants may be asked to schedule a time to teach a fifteen-minute demonstration lesson, and second interviews may be asked of any candidate as well. Job offers will be contingent upon a successful application and interview process as well as a successful reference check process.
Upon offer of employment, required documentation may include but may not be limited to the following original documents:
- A tax form W-4
- A health certificate signed by a physician on a form provided by AcademyACL, verifying that the applicant is able to fulfill the physical requirements of the job description
- A Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) membership application form
- Authorization and application for any other form of payroll deduction
- Police background check (local and national if applicable). YOU are responsible for requesting the background check from your local law enforcement agency, and submitting it or having them submit it to us.
- Birth certificate
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: A US Department of Justice (Immigration and Naturalization Service) Employment Eligibility Verification form I-9
- Social Security card
- Valid Picture I.D.
- Proof of full-time teaching experience
Suggested reading for teaching applicants:
- Familiarity with AcademyACL’s website and in particular, its vision, mission, and approach to curriculum
- Teaching With Love and Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom (Paperback, 1995)~ Jim Fay (Author), David Funk, available through the Pikes Peak Library District
Required reading at AACL for teachers will include:
- How the Gifted Brain Learns by David A. Sousa (Paperback - Jul 30, 2009)
- Best Practices in Gifted Education: An Evidence-Based Guide by Ann Robinson, Bruce M. Shore, Donna L. Enersen, and Ph.D. (Paperback - Oct 15, 2006)
Other helpful reading:
- Best Practice, Today's Standards for Teaching and Learning in America's Schools by Steven Zemelman, Harvey Daniels, and Arthur Hyde (Paperback - April 27, 2005)
- Growing Up Gifted: Developing the Potential of Children at Home and at School (7th Edition) by Barbara Clark (Hardcover - April 23, 2007) (new and older editions available through the Pikes Peak Library District)
- Misdiagnosis And Dual Diagnoses Of Gifted Children And Adults: ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, Asperger's, Depression, And Other Disorders (Paperback) by James T. Webb, et al, 2005 (available through the Pikes Peak Library District)
Request the AcademyACL Professional Employment Application.